Training Log: 11/11/10

WOD: Filthy Fifty

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

I thought maybe a Hero wod would've been programmed today being Veterans Day and all but this was probably just as daunting. My time was 44:04. My arms were jelly by the time I got to the wall balls, and completely useless on the burpees. Thanks to my coaches: Rob and Meg for getting me through this workout. I scaled the double unders to 25 at the end because they're my arch nemesis and I still can't do them. This workout is definitely not something that falls under a strength-bias. It's a ton of volume. I'm justifying it by taking the next three days off and then starting a cycle of Starting Strength on Monday at home, in addition to whatever work I do at the gym. My gym only programs strength lifts two days a week so it's easy to work around. 

Time to chip away at that milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...