Training Log: 11/22/10

Strength

Back Squat 3x5

Metcon

1 Rope Climb
21-15-9 rep rounds of:
KB Swings (1.5 pood)
Double Unders
1 Rope Climb

I stuck with the next progression in my back squat, which again wasn't very difficult. I haven't climbed a rope since high school, if we even climbed one then. I know I definitely climbed a rope in junior high and elementary school. And looking back on that I don't remember there being a crash pad in elementary school. Oh well, I don't ever remember anyone falling either. I think fear and humiliation got most people up that rope. For the metcon, I did all of the kb swings unbroken, but as per usual fumbled through the double unders. At one point I did manage to string five together, but then after that got one or two at a time. I counted attempts as well, which were scattered throughout. I ended up finishing the wod in 7:25. I ran into some trouble descending from the rope climb as I couldn't seem to figure that part out. I inevitably ended up dropping the last seven feet or so and still managed some rope burns on the outside of my lower calf. Had I been more proficient in the rope climb and double unders, I could see this wod ending up in the four minute range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...