Training Log: 12/10/10

Mobility

Bottom Squat Hold: 4 minutes
Couch Stretch: 2 minutes per leg
Pigeon: 2 minutes each leg
Mobility Wod #5

Strength

Squat 3x5 - 165 lbs
Bent Over Row 3x10 - 12 kg kettlebells
Good Mornings 3x10 - 45 lbs

The squat felt good and the weight was noticeable, which is a start.  By the end of next week I will be at my current 5rm for the back squat. After that things should start getting a little more interesting and the weight more challenging. I threw in some good mornings tonight as well, which I think I'm going to feel in my hammies tomorrow. This is one of those movements that probably gets overlooked, especially in Crossfit, but I think is pretty valuable. It's a great accessory lift that will complement my other strength work and provide overall gains in my deadlift and squat. The bent over rows were intentionally light because of my shoulder. I was hoping the pain would continue to diminish as it has been but this week it came back. I was planning on doing a 5x5 shoulder press tomorrow but we'll see how it's feeling in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...