Training Log: 12/20/10

Metcon

Kettlebell Complex
Perform 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 rep rounds (right/left) of:

KB Clean
KB Front Squat
KB Shoulder-to-Overhead (press, push press or jerk)
KB Overhead Squat
KB Snatch

The rx'd weight for men was 53#. After warming up with a 26# kb, I tried out a snatch with 53 and it felt heavy. I decided to scale it 44# which was the smart choice. 53 would have killed me. My lower back was smoked by the end. This workout was tougher than it looked. Rounds one through three went unbroken. When I got to round four I started to hit a wall and my snatches got a little sloppy. I'm no Pavel Tsatsouline, but I've had plenty of experience with kettlebells and complexes. Although that experience was at lighter weights so that I could teach myself the technique and mechanics. This was definitely a strength issue. My shoulders were fatiguing fast from the weight and the shoulder-intensive programming of the comples. I had a some minor pain in the overhead press, that I was hoping would not be there after a very light week last week. I finished the workout in 21:36.

Mobility
Couch Stretch - 2 min each leg
Pigeon - 2 min each leg
Shoulder Rehab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...