Training Log: 12/4/10

Metcon

15 Kb Swings (70/53)
15 Pullups
30 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
15 Pullups
60 Situps
15 Pullups
90 Squats
15 Pullups

Strength

Squat 3x5 @145

I woke up still a little full from last night's dinner. It was a huge meal and was disgustingly full afterwards. With the feeling of why did I do this to myself? On Tuesday, it will be one month of my mass gain project so I will weigh myself for the first time since starting this project as well as retest my body fat percentage. I'm hoping for at least five pounds and for my body fat to be close to it's original percentage. It's hard to tell if you've gotten any bigger when you see yourself everyday, so the only thing I have to go off of are the numbers. I guess I could've been more thorough and done measurements at the chest, arms, neck, thighs, hips and waist. Maybe for the second month I'll do that to further track my progress. 

I switched things up this morning and did the strength after the metcon. The metcon wasn't too bad and I finished in 14:24 as rx'd. I was hoping for a faster time than that but got held up on the pull ups and the air squats. Both took longer than anticipated. I thought I could make it through the wod without any tears on my hands, but I still came away with a minor tear on each one. No blood though, so it should heal quickly. I waited about ten minutes after the wod, stretched a little and then got into the squatting. I thought I might have felt the weight a little more after the wod, but the 3x5 was still pretty easy. I'm getting inpatient with the strength progression, but I know in the back of my mind that it'll start to get heavy soon and that I should shut up and stick with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...