3 Month Results - Paleo Mass Gain Project

Photo: http://weighbiggestloserswj.blogspot.com/
Month 3 Totals
Weight: 175.7
Body Fat: 13.0%

Month 2 Totals
Weight: 178.4
Body Fat: 13.5%

Month 1 Totals
Weight: 179.5 lbs
Body Fat: 13.5%

Starting Totals
Weight: 175.0 lbs
Body Fat: 11.7%

As I expected for this month, I lost some weight. Having been on vacation for a week and the recent allergy detox with a limited diet, I haven't been getting in enough calories each day. On the plus side, my strength has gone up over the past three months.

1 Rep Max Totals as of November 2010
Squat: 230 lbs
Deadlift: 320 lbs
Clean and Jerk: 165 lbs
Front Squat: 185 lbs
Weighted Pull-up (5rm): 12.5 lbs

Current 1 Rep Max Totals - 2/2/11
Squat: 245 lbs (+15 lbs)
Deadlift: 400 lbs (+80 lbs)
Clean & Jerk: 175 (+10 lbs)
Front Squat: 175 lbs x 5
Weighted Pull-up (5rm): 30 lbs (+17.5 lbs)

I've floated around 175 lbs since the summer of 1998. I guess that's my area of homeostasis.  Going forward, there's a couple ways to look at this. 1.) It seems that 175 lbs is where my body wants me to be and maybe I should just accept it. 2.) I suck at trying to gain weight but as long as my strength continues to increase, I shouldn't worry about my weight not increasing. 3.) Stop thinking about it so much and just eat more.

2 comments:

  1. Well said! Bravo on your cut in fat. Never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home workout has to be hard and intense. Stick with your workout plan and not skip days in favour of other activities. Body building for the beginner is a great way for a teen to get fit, lose weight, and stay healthy. If you start being conscious of your body and your health when you are young, you are setting the stage for a healthy adult life as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...