Training Log: 2/1/11

Kara front squats in a To Kill a Mockingbird t-shirt because bookworms are sexy
Strength

Front Squat 5×5 (progressive load)
Deadlift 5rm

I can't remember the last time I did a 5x5 front squat but my previous 5rm was 135 and tonight I worked up to 175. The metcon was 75 push press (95/65), but I opted out of that to save my shoulder as the rest of the week has more heavy push jerks in store, and I thought the volume of this workout would set my shoulder rehab back a little. 

I pulled a new 5rm on the deadlift with 325 (10 lb PR). It was very slow and felt heavy. I'm not sure what happened when we were on vacation. It must have been the warm weather because 400 felt a lot easier than 325 did tonight. My legs need a nap now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...