Training Log: 2/21/11

So much better than double unders.
Cash In
Practice pistols and/or handstands for 5 minutes

Strength
150 Close-Hands PushUps

Metcon
7 Power Cleans (135/95)
21 Double Unders
7 Hang Power Cleans (135/95)
21 Double Unders
7 Squat Cleans (135/95)
21 Double Unders

Hard rolls go with 42 double unders per round.

In practicing pistols I noticed a discrepancy between my right and left legs: My right is much more stable. Which is odd because my left leg is my dominant leg, even though I'm right handed. I also have a strong seat and a special body according to the last tailor to size me for a suit. I didn't think much of it at the time and just chalked it up to tailor being European.

I ended up only doing 100 push ups because I mismanaged my time. But I did those 100 in 6 sets so that's still improvement over last time. 

I did the metcon as rx'd. There was no way in hell I was going to scale up on the double unders. I have enough trouble with them as it is. The cleans were relatively easy in comparison to the double unders and I ended the wod by flinging the jump rope against the wall.

Afterward, we were hanging around, stretching and talking. Christina, one of the members of the gym, was talking up this burger place nearby called The BRGR Joint that has an 11 patty bacon cheeseburger challenge, with 11 slices of cheese and 22 pieces of bacon. It's called the OMG Challenge. She also added that they have sweet potato fries. So, we had to stop by on our way home and try out the burgers (bbq bacon double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and onion)...and maybe the sweet potato fries...and perhaps a milkshake. It was pumpkin. And awesome. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...