Training Log: 3/14/11

Strength
Close Hands Pushups – 150 Reps (or 75 Bar Dips). Scale liberally if you’ve never tried this before. Keep all sets ‘submaximal’ until the final effort.

Metcon
21 – 15 – 9 rep rounds of:
Power Snatch (95/65)
Goblet Squats (35/25)

I scaled the push ups to 100 and did it in 6 sets. The metcon was a lower back smoker and it took me 9:50 to complete. Afterward, I spent about five minutes trying to get a muscle up. I haven't attempted a muscle up since early November. But I felt like my shoulder was strong enough to give it a go. Maybe being a fatigued state is not the best time to try and complete a technical move like that. I came very close on a few attempts but couldn't seem to shoot through to get into the dip portion. I need to try it again when I'm fresh and keep my elbows in. And when I do get my first muscle up, there will be video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...