Training Log: 3/15/11

Metcon

Mr Joshua
Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 GHD sit-ups
250 pound deadlift, 15 reps

This wod is ridiculous. I think some of the Hero wods are intentionally programmed to cripple people. 75 deadlifts at 250 lbs is just asking to blow a disc out of your back so hard it'll ricochet off the wall. I scaled way down on this because I didn't even plan on working out today. But Kara was so intimidated by this workout that she felt that she had to do it. So then I felt like I had to do it too. Everything felt sore and stiff so I scaled the deadlift to 135 lbs and did anchored sit-ups. And I'm glad I did because I know I'll be able to walk tomorrow. 

The deadlift was easy. The hardest part of this workout was the running, and that's an area I definitely need to work on. I think I need a new pair of sneakers too. But anyway, this workout ended up taking me 20:38. It seemed like everyone was chasing someone else in this wod, which made us all work harder. That's what I love about working out in a group, it keeps me from getting complacent. 

1 comment:

  1. So smart to scale back and listen to your body. You are right. Many of the WOD's are a bit insane for many folks. Keep being smart and you'll be so much more healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...