Training Log: 3/6/11

Metcon
Row 1K
40 pound dumbbell squat snatch, 50 reps
Row 750m
40 pound dumbbell squat snatch, 35 reps
Row 500m
40 pound dumbbell squat snatch, 20 reps

Split the reps between both arms.

This workout was a beast. My hip flexors and all related business have been really tight lately so I spent a few minutes on mobility in that area before warming up. The mobility work helped but there was still some tightness and pain when squatting. During the workout, I treated the row as active recovery but it was still a leg burner. I used a 30 lb dumbbell for the squat snatches and my strategy throughout was to do 5 squat snatches with my right arm, put the dumbbell down, rest a few seconds, 
and then repeat on the left side. This seemed to work 
fairly well for me and I finished in 23:36. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...