Crossfit Games 2011 - Open Sectionals WOD 5


Open Sectional WOD 5 (11.5) is a 20 minute AMRAP of:
5 Power Clean (145/100)
10 Toes to Bar
15 Wallball (10'/20# and 9'/14#)

How do you put this workout into words? The best way to describe it is Fuuuhhhhh.

This entire week I've been out of it. I haven't had much energy and the only other workout I did this week completely wrecked me. With that being said, Open Sectional WOD 5 is one of those workouts where you just have to keep moving the entire time. I suck at wallball and knew that would gas me. I didn't think 145 on the power clean would be too bad, but it started to feel heavy in the second round and I had to break all of them into singles from the second round on. Toes to bar I found to be the easiest of the movements.

This workout hurt. I felt like I was going to die through the majority of it. I couldn't wait for it to be over.  Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would've pushed a little harder and completed the round I was on before time was up. I ended up with 5 rounds + 5 power cleans + 10 toes to bar.

Afterward, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. And now I feel like I'm getting the flu. Actually, I think I am getting the flu and I blame WOD 5 for my illness. Stupid WOD 5 with its stupid face.

Below are some toes to bar tips from Carl Paoli and WOD 5 reflections from Pat Barber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...