Training Log: 7/6/11

Strength
Back Squat 5, 5, 5+ (sets across)
Power Snatch 3, 3, 3 (progressive)
Snatch Shrug 3 (at 100% max snatch), 3 (+10 lbs)
Snatch Push Press 5, 4, 3, 3, 3 (progressive)
Sit-up x100


This was the first night of Sheldon's Olympic lifting open gym sessions at CFDV. I was sporting these red, white and blue knee-high socks for 'Merica, which easily adds 10 lbs to any lift. I sandbagged the squat at 135, because I got 10 reps on the third set and probably could've gotten more. I'm in need of a linear strength progression on my squat anyway, so starting low is fine for now. The snatch went: 95, 105, 115. Snatch shrug: 125, 135 (definitely could've gone much heavier). Snatch push press was not my friend. This was a behind-the-neck push press and I wasn't a fan of bringing the bar back down on my shoulders after each rep. I kept it on the lighter side so that I could control the descent of the bar and not drop it on my spine. The weights for the snatch push press were: 65, 75, 95, 105. I ended up only doing four sets because I was running long on time. I finished up with two sets of 50 anchored abmat sit-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...